Thursday, June 16, 2016

Easy Caprese Salad Bites



So... I know I introduced myself as a home decor and DIY blogger and here I am starting out with a recipe.  Oh well, I'm pretty sure once you get a taste you will be happy I shared!

In the summer I generally find myself with an overwhelming amount of basil.  This is definitely not a bad thing by any means, but if you do find yourself drowning in it, this is a great recipe to use up a bunch at once!

 Plus, they make super cute appetizers for your next BBQ.

Easy Caprese Salad Bites   

Ingredients:

  • Handful of fresh basil
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Mozzarella Cheese (I used the mozzarella pearls)
  • Kosher Salt + Pepper
  • Olive oil
  • Toothpicks
Directions:
  1. Cut tomatoes in half and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

  1.  (Skip if you used the mozzarella pearls) Slice your ball of mozzarella into bite sized pieces.

  1. Layer your ingredients onto your toothpick.
  2. Start with one half of a tomato, then a piece of basil, mozzarella, basil, and another half of a tomato.
  3. Drizzle with olive oil and finish with a sprinkle of salt.

Enjoy!

Let me know what you think in the comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment