Sunday, June 5, 2016

What Dogwood Decor is all about!

Hey guys!  I wanted to let you in on what Dogwood Decor is all about!

This blog is a documentation of my home's transformation.

A little background information:

We moved into my husband's childhood home 3 years ago.  His mother wanted to downgrade and she ended up moving into the home across the street from ours.  It is actually a pretty sweet setup, having a babysitter pretty much whenever we need one!  For a little more about me and why I decided to start this blog check out my about me page.



Now, my home needs  A LOT of structural work and renovations that I would love to do. However, at the moment, I do not have the financial luxury to make those changes.

So, I will be making small decorative changes to each room to make our home much more livable until those larger changes can be made!  I do have a degree in Residential Design, so I kind of have an idea about what I am doing design wise.  I have always been a DIYer and can't wait to share some tips and tricks with you!

Dogwood Decor is going to serve as a scrapbook of my home's transformation, as well as little snipits of my life and family along the way!

DIY's:

From furniture, artwork, and lawn decor.  There are tons of ways to "do it yourself" and I can't wait to share them with you!

Money Saving Tips:

Now, in addition to the money you will save just by following my DIY projects, I also have lots of other ways to save money!  You would never believe what you can find at the dollar store these days!

Recipes:

Decorating and DIYing take up a lot of my time, but not all of it.  We have to eat!

FYI, I am no chef,  I can follow a recipe like a champ though!

This is where I will compile some of my families favorite recipes.



Hope you guys enjoy this crazy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment